10.31.2009

My Heart on Halloween

Jenna, remembering you like I did has helped me. I was at your cousin's birthday party today surrounded by loving family and friends, elated at my new blessing on the way. But my heart still misses you. I kept trying to imagine what it should be like having an almost six month old in my arms. Would you have liked the caramel apples? The candy? The cake? The riot that your cousins are(whom I adore!)? I think you enjoyed it all from your little corner in my world. I have to believe you see it all. Just know I missed you. The pain was different today. It was less aggressive and more sobering than anything. Maybe I am accepting this fate of separation. Or maybe I really did just get a glimpse of you and how refreshing it is to feel you close to me again.







7 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm praying for you my friend. {{{HUGS}}}
Caroline

Lea said...

Franchesca - there is a calmness in your words. You're right, Jenna was with you.. she is with you, every step of the way.

xo

Jill said...

Your words are so beautiful, Franchesca. Jenna is always with you and looking over you and your family and that little blessing on the way.

Much love to you.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Jenna, is always with you. A beautiful post.

Kristy said...

I'm sure Jenna was looking down and smiling at all the amazing Hallowe'en fun. I wish she was there to celebrate it with you. *hugs*

Once A Mother said...

I am sure Jenna was there, smiling down on you as you made it through another day without her in your arms. Even though we can't see them, that doesn't mean they aren't there. Those moments of peace... I believe that is when they are there, helping us through.

Holly said...

I like to think they can see us and feel how much we miss and love them. (((hugs)))

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO