10.15.2009

Love You, Miss You


Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day
October 15th

Your candle is burning in the other room
I didn't want to ever remember you this way.
It is morbid and lonely and the flame is all I have today
With thousands, no millions of other babylost mommies

I passed this day last year
And didn't blink an eye.
I was unaware that you and me would
identify with its significance the way we do now.

I wonder...
How many remembrance days have I been blindly living through
Naive and unaware
That one day I will identify with them too?

It's something I have said before,
but its strange how life changes.
Today I will remember you.
No different than the rest of the days
You are always on mommy's mind.

I think people sometimes wonder
What in the world is wrong with me -
Well, if they'd had to give up your sweet face
And bury your life
Maybe... they'd get me.

But today is not about anyone but you.
Today I will take you flowers
And miss you all over again
The tears will fall
And the memories will hurt me but it's grief that I am learning to live in.

I don't mind the tears the way I used to
I don't stop the memories because they bring me close to you.
I don't pretend I am ok; it's a true waste on energy.
I am embracing the pain because it is the result of loving you deeply.

I got to wondering in this crazy head of mine
How many angel friends do you have?
And is today the day you all come down and watch your candles burn?
Are you a little closer because you know it will be hard?

I like to think you are.
And that you are surrounded by love
And thousands of beautiful angel babies...
Just like you.

Love you, miss you, my precious Jenna Belle


13 comments:

Jen said...

beautiful fran.. I had no clue about this day last year either.. I can't believe I am burning a candle in memory of my daughter? its so so surreal.. praying for eveyone else today.. as we remember our sweet babies.. xoxo

Holly said...

I only started to recognize this day last year with Jordan. I never even knew. I wish this day and month would be more acknowledged than what it is.

R said...

Last year was the first time I was aware of today's significance. I'd always thought of October as the breast cancer month.
I'm remembering Jenna today!

Lauren said...

That was beautiful! I wish I still didn't know what today was, either... but we don't get that choice. I am remembering my two little boys who I hope are sharing a piece of heaven's sandbox with Jenna.

Christmas with Kasey said...

Its terrible that we are lighting candles to remember our little ones. :(

Jenna has many angel friends! I hope they are looking down on their candles, mommies, and daddies!

Christy said...

beautiful....missing Jenna, Chase and all their friends. They are all smiling upon us.
xxxooo

after iris said...

Remembering Jenna with you today. With love xx

Caroline said...

I wish we or any other Mother never had to remember this day like this. I'm remembering you today & thanx for the sweet comment on my blog. {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Once A Mother said...

beautiful. your sweet Jenna Belle was in my thoughts as I lit my candle tonight, as was her Momma.

amy said...

prayers and love my dear friend.I didnt know about this day but now i do.Know that i love you and am always praying for you and thinking of you and precious Jenna Belle

Jill said...

That was so beautiful! Remembering Jenna with you today.

Kristy said...

Beautiful candle. Remembering your perfect angel Jenna with you. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

that you for sharing this beautiful poem to your beautiful Jenna. i lost my first child, my son, Calvin Phoenix, this past March, and the reality of baby loss and is very fresh and very painful. and it hurts to think that there are others who have been, who are, and who will continue to join our group of grieving parents.

i'm thinking of you and your rainbow baby. i'm not quite ready to follow that blog, but i will keep you and the precious new life you are carrying in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO