10.26.2009

Heart of God

Thank you to everyone for your support with my last post. It is bittersweet yet comforting to know I am not the only one angry at God, people, the world, fate, death...

I started reading The Shack. I have to say that it has been a Godsend. It has helped me to confront the emotions that up until recently I had been shrinking from. I am angry. I am wondering why. I still don't ever want to get it. But, if I might encourage anyone, I urge you to read this book that brings you to the very heart of God in the midst of losing and grieving a child.

I told my husband a few months ago that the only thing worse than what we experienced with Jenna is having your child kidnapped, never to see them again. He agreed. This book embraces that heart-wrenching situation, showing just how much God gets our anger. So many people commented on the last post how God can take our anger, which I totally agree. If He created us with the natural instinct to love our babies, how can we not be angry when this tragedy strikes and we are forced to live and breathe without them?!That is asking for something unnatural.

While I don't wish to live the rest of my days caught up in this frustration and anger, I am not going to run from it. I know that God intended for me to love Jenna, and losing her has created a gaping hole that hurts  everyday. I get to love her memory, but I will never get to show her how much I love her down here. And there lies the root of the heartache. My loss of the chance to love her.






8 comments:

amy said...

Love you lots my dear friend.Love and prayers to the skies.

The Blue Sparrow said...

I read that book about a year ago. It is such a great book and after loosing Bryston I've been thinking about rereading it. I think I just might do that this evening. *HUGS*

Holly said...

I've read The Shack and I think it is a really good book. I think it shows that God longs for that close and personal relationship. I think it is good to let both the good and bad emotions happen during grief and to work through them instead of bottling them up and ignoring them. Sometimes it just plain sucks to work through them and sometimes I want to avoid them, but I know it isn't doing me or anyone else any good to do that.

Fireflyforever said...

It is a powerful book and has been one of the things that have helped me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Franchesca for sharing this book. I havne't heard of it,but think I am going to look into it.

Wendy said...

Loved the book too!
Having lost my 13 day old precious son 2 months ago, I understand the many many emotions you are going through! One thing that comforted my SO much was when someone told me that all the loved ones that have gone before our baby is up there telling them ALL about us.. All about how great him mommy is and how great his daddy is. I have no doubt that our babies know the love we feel for them. I know our babies are in a wonderful place, but we need them here! May God bring you through the anger soon! You're right, emotions are God given.. we need to work through them, not ingore them. HUGS!

Heather said...

The Shack is a great book. I read it before my loss, maybe even before I was pregnant, and I have thought many times that it is a book I need to read again now that I have experienced loss. I am glad it is helping you.

Karen said...

Hi Franchesca. I've tagged you with a Friendship award on my blog. Pass it on....

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO