12.31.2009

Good Riddance

Not feeling exceptionally "chatty" just wanted to say good riddance to the year that brought so much chaos and love into our lives. It's hard to put my finger on how to exactly define this year. So I came to the conclusion that there isn't just one way to define it.

It was terrible.

It was devastating.

It was severely disappointing.

But more than that I found God (not like He hides but I found myself more aware of needing Him) in places I never expected. I can honestly say that I am thankful for this year because it brought me the beautiful gift of motherhood.

If I had the chance to do it over, I would do it all over again. Every second of it. Because I knew at the end of the year - today - I have met my daughter. I have seen her. I have watched her. I have sang to her. I have read to her. I have talked to her. I have fought for her. And I got the chance to love her.

With that said, I am glad it's over, or near over. I cringe at the thought that the worst has been met. I enter this new year cautiously as I know things can change in the blink of an eye.



I truly hope and pray that 2010 brings unspeakable joy and peace into your lives. 


19 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The world is full of sadness but God is good.

Bree said...

Agreed. I'd do it all over again to relive those moments with her. May 2010 be kind and gentle on you (on all of us).

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

So beautifully put - while our losses may be filled with sadness, we wouldn't trade our time with our babies for the world. Hugs and peace to you.

Courtney said...

I think all of us who have lost our babies this year just have and incredibly bittersweet feeling towards the year.

Wishing you peace for the upcoming year!

*hugs*

Marie W said...

Such a wonderful post! I pray 2010 will be a better year.

Susan said...

Wishing you a more peaceful 2010!! Hugs!

Jen said...

I agree,,wishing you a very happy and blessed new year.. xoxo

Holly said...

Hoping for a lot in 2010

Fireflyforever said...

Just a whole hearted "yes" ... waiting on unspeakable joy :)

Jill said...

Beautifully said! Wishing you and your family a happy new year! xx

Karen said...

Thinking of you and yours, Franchesca, as we head into 2010. And hoping it is exactly as you've said - much better for all of us. xo

Caroline said...

Wishing you and yours all the best in the New Year !! {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Here is to a great 2010!!

Debbie said...

Hoping that 2010 is a wonderful year for you, Franchesca.

Anonymous said...

I wish you joy and peace, dear Franchesca!

Heather said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2010 full of dreams come true for you!

Heather said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2010 full of dreams come true for you!

R said...

I love the way you find light in the darkness!

Once A Mother said...

standing with you saying "good riddance" but also want to say how proud and inspired i am by you and your ability to see light even among this dark year. you are amazing.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO