11.30.2009

Jenna Belle's Ornament

We finally moved into our first new home (YAY!) and setting up house has been a bittersweet experience. For the most part, it has been a nice - really nice - distraction. But on the other hand I shouldn't be even close to finishing the unpacking. I should be baby-proofing everything.

There should be a beautiful, almost-seven month old baby girl at my side, taking up my time. And I get to wondering if I will always look at this empty hole and wonder about all the what-ifs and should-have-beens...

*sigh*

But it is what it is.

Whether I like it or not.

We started the Christmas tree... it's crooked like our last one. I'd ask my husband to fix it, but after we tried to a few nights ago, I just decided that it makes life interesting :) And the need to be a perfectionist just isn't that important anymore...

At my church we have a Christian sorority for the young women. We each have secret sisters that we encourage through letters, pray for and give small gifts to. We have a special place where we leave these gifts in our church to keep it discreet.

Well I have no idea who she is, but my secret sister is just FABULOUS. She bought me this ornament...



Sorry the picture is kind of dark, but isn't it beautiful!!!! So my Jenna has three ornaments now... my beautiful, beautiful Jenna Belle.

(It is from Things Remembered if you are looking for that perfect ornament :)

18 comments:

Jus and Kat said...

What a perfect gift! Beautiful indeed!

Kat @ In Dylan's Memory

Bree said...

Congratulations on the new home. I wish Jenna was there too. I just adore her ornament. Thank you for sharing where it was purchased. I'm going to check it out, too.

Anonymous said...

I just love the Secret Sister idea.
And the ornament is just beautiful. And Congrats on the new home. And although Jenna isn't' there physically she is there in you heart.

Courtney said...

What a truly beautiful ornament for your beautiful Jenna. It really is perfect!

*hugs*

Caroline said...

So very beautiful, I love it. Congrats on the new home. Thanx for sharing it.
Prayers and {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Beth said...

wow.. it is so lovely! what a nice gift.

Mattie said...

That is so beautiful!

Katherine Page said...

I LOVE IT! IT IS BEAUTIFUL, LIKE MS. JENNA. AND i love your layout on your blog too!

i love you friend! and am sooooo excited about your new house. it is beautiful. no worries about the tree, you know i'll mess with it and everything will fall down, hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* That ornament is truely beautiful. What an amazing gift.

Jill said...

So happy the move went well! That is the most beautiful ornament. It is perfect for Jenna Belle.

xx

Wendy said...

AW That's beautiful! What a thoughtful secret sister you have!!

Christmas with Kasey said...

You have a special secret sister! I love the ornament, just beautiful! I am glad that you are getting situated in your new house. I too wish you had a 7 month old distracting you from what you are doing. I pray that soon you will be baby proofing the house and chasing after a little one.

Holly said...

Glad you're finally all moved and in your new home! Moving is sure a lot of work! My mom always did the secret sister thing at her church when I was growing up and I always thought it was neat. Your secret sister did a great job with picking out a gift. The ornament is wonderful!!

Jess said...

That is so gorgeous, what a perfect gift from such a thoughtful secret sis!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The ornament is absolutely beautiful. How sweet and thoughtful. I pray for your comfort during this holiday season.

Kristy said...

What a beautiful ornament. Perfect for Jenna Belle. *hugs*

Once A Mother said...

a beautiful ornament for a beautiful little girl. thinking of you xxpeace

Lauren said...

I LOVE that ornament. That is perfect for Jenna. I've been looking for some angel ornaments to add to my tree this year. I'll check out Things Remembered!

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO