11.27.2009

Dear Jenna Belle...


I hardly say thank you, but there it is
You left to soon
I hope you understand.


I really am thankful
but I am so different now
Shattered,
and my eyes are open.


You visited my world so briefly
but I'd do it all over again
I got to meet you, hold you, love you
Yes, I really would.


Somehow the bad memories
have faded, or maybe I just blocked them out
Temporarily
Hopefully for good.


I rest in the precious ones.
You opened your little eyes,
You moved so much
Gave us hope
And taught us love.


Without a single word
you changed my entire life
taught me more than I could ever learn
any other way.


And without a single word or cry
you slipped into eternity
but that brief visit made all the difference
And I am forever thankful
that you are mine.





12 comments:

Jill said...

That is so sweet! I have tears in my eyes. xx

I love the new blog look. It is pretty just like your Jenna Belle.

Kristy said...

*hugs*

The Blue Sparrow said...

I love the line, without a single word you changed my entire life. That is so true. I love your new blog look to by the way! The header is so pretty! *HUGS*

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Beautiful...

Praying for you this Thanksgiving and Christmas season...

Jus and Kat said...

This is perfection! Great, poignant words . . .

Kat

Caroline said...

I love the new look and a awesome post. Praying for you.
{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Anonymous said...

I love the new look.

That was a beautiful post....beautiful words.

Holly said...

The new look is so vibrant, I really like it!

Forever thankful.

Christy said...

Just saw the new look on your blog and it is gorgeous. i love it. Your post is beautiful. I'm glad you can find the beautiful memories and the bad ones are 'gone'. I hope they are forever, too. THinking of you Francesca.
hugs,
Christy

Once A Mother said...

Beautiful words, your sweet Jenna Belle is so loved by her mommy.

Jess said...

This is such a sweet poem, beautiful like Jenna. I'm so glad you have those precious memories of her life to treasure and hold onto so tightly, until you see her again.

Crystal Theresa said...

this is beautiful.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO