9.12.2009

My Heart (not written by me...)

Go ahead and mention my child
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further
The depth of my pain doesn't show.

Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.

Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.

I'm hurt when you just keep silent
Pretending she didn't exist.
I'd rather you'd mention my child
Knowing that she has been missed.

You asked me how I'm doing.
I say "Pretty good" or "fine,"
But healing is something on-going
I feel it will take a lifetime.


By Elizabeth Dent


2 comments:

Holly said...

This is SOOOOOO true!!!!

amy said...

very beautiful....

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO