9.17.2009

Just What I Needed




Today I was having a day that started ok but quickly spiraled downward. When I checked the mail, I found this in the mailbox and it made me cry more, but it was just what I needed. Thank you, Deborah.
In case you don't know, Deborah sends babylost mamas these beautiful handkerchiefs from her blog For Your Tears.

Aside from this gift being the consolation I needed, it was also perfect. When Jenna died, we dressed her in a white dress with lavender embroidery at the top. I will always associate the color lavender with her death. The night she was born and put in the NICU, the nurse put a bright red bow with polkadots on her sweet baby curls. But I wanted to keep that bow as a precious precious memory. So to match her dress, we put a white bow on her. Anyway, I just wanted to openly thank Deborah and share this bittersweet moment. God really does care about us.

7 comments:

Once A Mother said...

What a beautiful gift to receive. Truly a blessing to get something so meaningful from someone who understands what you are going through. The dress (white w/ lavender) sounds like it was precious. Thinking of you. Keep your chin up, these early and toughest days will soon be behind you. Thinking of you...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Dear Franchesca,
I am glad that my handkerchief reached you on a day when it was needed. Thank you for the beautiful post about it. You brought joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. Take care and God Bless.
Sincerely,
Debby

Malory said...

I am glad you recieved that on a day you especially needed it.

Debby I hope you can continue to do this for a long time.

Caroline said...

Glad it came at a time when you really needed it. It's something how sometimes things just work out right. It's so nice she does that for mother's who have lost. {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Holly said...

Debby is so nice in sending the handkerchiefs. I am glad you got yours and that it reminded you of her dress. How sweet!!

Lauren said...

how very very special! so neat that it was the perfect colors too.. God is wonderful like that :)

Misty said...

Oh my sweet, sweet friend. It hasn't been long for you at all, has it...... July was just here...... It's been 5 months for me now. I wish I could comfort you. Just know someone is thinking of you today, and cares.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO