7.01.2009

Days Like These

"For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes."
-Psalms 119:83

Anywhere I go, I feel like there is a lonely dark shadow around me, something like this bottle in the smoke. I guess that's normal after such a loss. After life has shifted the ground back to normal for everyone else, I feel that her memory is slipping away from this world. That is when it just seems endless; the pain, the loss and the absence of hope. As I read on through Psalm 119, I read that David, in spite of his hopeless feelings, he found comfort in God.

"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
-Psalms 119:103

2 comments:

Katherine Page said...

That is such a good reminder that inspite of our hopelessness and loneliness, we can always find comfort in the Lord. I want you to know sweetie, that I think often of Jenna. It has to be tough when your world has stopped yet you can see everyone else's still moving. I want you to know that you are prayed for by so many and that Ms. Jenna's memory is so ever alive in me. Some of us just are scared to allow her to continue living out of fears while others of us know that she is like the Lord, living.We can't see them, but we can feel them. Like the wind, you can't tough it or see it but you can feel it blowing by your ears. Love you!!

Katherine Page said...

I totally meant touch!!!

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO