7.21.2009

Birthday Wishes

Birthday Wishes



The day that should have marked her birth

And the day that we should have welcomed her home

Is nothing more than a whisper right now

That echoes today you're alone.



Instead of holding her gently

And giving her my first kiss

Instead of smelling her sweet baby scent

Today its those things that I miss



By looking at me one would never know

That I worked hard to carry a baby into this world

That today I should have given birth

That two months ago I buried my baby girl



But I know that this world cannot compare

To the welcome the angels gave

When Heaven opened its white pearly gates

As my sweet precious Jenna flew

To a home without tears, suffering and pain.



But as I feel that her candles burned out too soon

And her birthday wishes never came true

I know that her cake topped with sweet vanilla cream

Is much better in Heaven in the presence of the King.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I am so so sad to read this. You don't know me. I have stumbled upon this blog. Jenna's story and yours have touched my heart. Please know, that someone, across the other side of the world, has you all in their heart.

Hugs

Kate

Katherine Page said...

hey, here is Adrienne's blog.

http://our-journey-to-parenthood.blogspot.com/

lets get together soon. I love you!!!

amy said...

you are always in my heart and always on my mind.
my sweet friend you are a great blessing.I love you Fran

Laura said...

Beautifully said!

Mary said...

It is so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO