3.28.2010

Tired

Sometimes I am tired...

of being the mother to a dead child
of not knowing who she was
of knowing I did not get to blissfully enjoy my pregnancy with her
of the memories being painful
of her memory fading
of the sunshine being bittersweet
of hurting when I daily realize the things I'll never get to experience with her
of being uncomfortable around infant baby girls
of feeling like I have moved on too quickly
of replaying the day she died as if it will change anything
of searching for answers when there are none
of having a dead child instead of a happy, healthy baby girl
of trying to remember her with temporal things that will never replace her
of crying
of feeling like my efforts to remember her short life will never do her justice
of realizing the increasing permanence of this loss
of being sad when I am alone and left to my thoughts
of not being a normal mother
of feeling like God could have saved her
of being a mother with no baby to carry
of feeling guilt over her death
of baby things not being happy things
of this reality that has been handed to me

of holding on to Heaven's hope, but then I realize that's all I have left 


sometimes I am just tired.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

HUGS!!!! I know what you mean about being tired. I wish I could just sleep through this "nightmare"
Thinking about you!!!

Lori said...

Bless your heart.
Oh how I relate to so much of this.

I especially think the same of the hope of Heaven...but you are right--it's all there is. And though our hearts ache and say that's too long to bear...God tells us it will be a blink of an eye.
Praying for you every day and hoping for some relief from the exhaustion. xoxo

*Laura Angel said...

(((hugs)))

Lisette said...

I can relate to this all to well. ((HUGS))

Jane said...

Wow... how beautifully hard to read- I relate to is so, so much
thanks

Jill said...

I have tears reading this because I think we all can relate. I was just saying to my husband yesterday that I am so happy for having had my babies, but I am so tired of the sadness and heartbreak that lingers over us. HUGS to you!

Anonymous said...

Me too....me too.

michelle hs said...

i am tired too! balancing my life now is even more difficult than before and takes every bit of energy i have. *HUGS*

belle said...

((((HUGS))))

you are not alone dear friend.... we are all alone together. you are a beautiful mom to a precious girl that i will never forget. i relate to and agree with everything you've said..... i wish to encourage you. these beautiful boxes you make (and your creative blog designs which i will one day order:D) bless the hearts of so many. you are talented and wonderfully made... i wish i could hug your neck in person and cry with you today. i'm so sorry that you know these feelings.

(((hugs)))

Elizabeth said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not alone. I am downright exhausted. *hugs*

carissa said...

i would be tired too if i had to go through all of what you are dealing with. i can't even begin to imagine. may the Lord strengthen you as you mourn. you are an amazing mother to your baby girl.

The Blue Sparrow said...

I can so relate. Its exhausting sometimes isnt it? *HUGS*

Maggie said...

Many hugs to you!!! I was going to do a post similar to this or maybe I've done one already. I'm pretty sure I have. It's so very tiring. Thinking of you! XO

Susan said...

Well said. Me too. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

((hugs)). i am thinking of you and your Jenna.

Jess said...

I so know what you mean, I was just telling my husband the other day, trying to articulate my feelings, and it finally came down to; I am just tired...emotionally, physically, spiritually. It is so hard to be a Mommy to a baby in heaven, and it takes so much energy. Thinking of you and praying for you!!! XOXOXO

Mary said...

I was just thinking of writing a post today about how tiring it is to miss her, and wondering if it will ever end...

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO