3.12.2010

WOW!

WOW! I am blown away at everyone's generosity!!! Almost $100 has been donated with everyone's contributions for Layla Grace's and her sisters' memory boxes! I am so excited to start this project and just wanted to update everyone that more than enough has been given. I will keep you updated on the progress of their gifts. I have some ideas for things to put inside the boxes with the extra money, or I can donate the remainder of it to the family... What do you think?

Now for the words... if you have a suggestion for words I'd love your input! About 10-13 words fit nicely around the boxes. If you have any ideas, let me know! Her sisters are Claire who is 3 and Jenna who is 9 years old.

Some words that were suggested to me so far for Layla's box are:
blue eyes
flowers
little sister
tutus and hats

Again thank you SO much everyone! I got an email today from a correspondent for the family for their address, so all I need are the words and to go get those boxes!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Not sure but I have a few for Layla's Box
Strong , Precious, Little Fighter, Brave
Her sister's - Precious - caring
I don't know if you like these just threw them out there. I was going to donate just hadn't had much time on the computer today. I heard her Dad talk on the radio this morning. It was heartbreaking so I have started a crosstitch w/ Layla's name. Thanx for doing this. I have only been following for a few wks but she has touched my heart. {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Unknown said...

I would love to do something to help. Will you please send me a message and let me know what you need. I'm really needing to something for someone right now. jymr05@juno.com

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is wonderful news.

Maggie said...

That's awesome news!!!! Here are some suggestions for some words. How about- precious, loved, cherished. Just putting a couple out there.

With Out My Punkin said...

wow that is awesome, I was going to donate the other day, but got side tracked. You are doing an amazing thing!

Beth said...

WOW! that is an amazing response you got... I am so glad for this idea.. they will love it. I'm glad you got the address too.



Did you go to the funeral?



PLEASE post a pic of the boxes when they are done!

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO