12.10.2009

Jenna's Christmas Trees and Memories

I took these pictures a few days ago to share on this blog of Grandma's Christmas tree for Jenna. She did such a beautiful job with my little brother.



 

I just love the pony ornament at the bottom! I went to Kohls (which have all ornaments 50% off by the way) and got us one for our tree. I absolutely love it. So that is our ornament this year for Jenna from her Daddy and me. What is really strange is that my mother also got the giraffe ornament. The doctor tells me she thinks this baby is a boy. I told my husband that if she's right I wanted to decorate in giraffes. Well my mom had no clue when she bought this ornament. When I look at these ornaments together I think of my Jenna and her brother together. Weird coincidence...

I also finished Jenna's tree in our home. At Kohl's I found a beautiful white dove ornament that reminds me of Jenna. At the grave site at her funeral they did something for her that I will always cherish. They played "Jesus Loves Me" and released about a dozen white doves. We got to pet one of them before the release.

I vividly remember that day. My milk was still coming in and I was in excruciating physical pain, but I didn't care. I also remember such a wonderful crowd of people that wanted to remember Jenna with us.

Two white roses that we laid on her casket... And my husband pulled out a picture of me from our wedding day and laid it on her casket with the roses. I don't even know why I am thinking about this. But someday I think I may forget. As bitter as these memories are, they are still a part of her. And for that I want to do everything to remember them.

Anyway... here is the tree that I decorated for my Jenna. I think she likes it :)

The angel at the top and the big bird were with her in the incubator. The teddy bear is something I received from MEND, I think. My Grandmother gave me the Willowtree angel on the left that says "Thank You". She said if Jenna could tell me one thing it would be "thank you" for what I did for her. I never thought of it that way before. The angel on the right is carrying a baby, which my sister-in-law gave me.

 

And made her stocking!!! :)
(Thanks Carrie, for helping!)


 

Maybe not this year, but sometime in the future I would like to get her name embroidered on it.

When I was decorating her tree, I went through some of her things to place around the tree. I suddenly had the urge to find her ultrasound pictures. I was in panick mode for about an hour but thank God I found them!












16 comments:

Caroline said...

What a beautiful tree and so very many neat things to remind you of Jenna. I love it all.
I know Jenna is lookin down and smilin.
Prayers and {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Christmas with Kasey said...

Love her tree! I love her stocking too!
I remember at Kasey's service my boobs were killing me and I was wearing the uncomfortable awful nursing bra that gives you no support...the memories...sorry for getting off :)

Nicolle

My life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison (Ali) said...

I love both of her trees, but especially the pink one.

I really am starting to like the WIllowTree figureens and ornaments as well they are so beautiful and meaningful as well.

Anonymous said...

Both trees are absolutely beautiful. Jenna loves it too!! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

both trees are just beautiful. the star on the top on is the same one I got for Shealyn but in silver.I love the pony ornament. Thank you for sharing.

Mattie said...

Her trees are lovely. It is nice to be surrounded by such beauty in remembrance of our babies.

Jill said...

I love how your mom and brother decorated a tree for Jenna. That is so sweet of them! The pony is so perfect and looks wonderful. The tree you decorated for Jenna is also beautiful and the Willowtree angel is precious.

I felt pain as I read you talking about your milk coming in. I too was in excruciating pain! The worst part of that for me was being in so much pain and not having my babies here with me.

Wishing you a peaceful holiday season. xx

The Blue Sparrow said...

They both turned out so pretty! You guys did a great job! I love the pony ordament too! *HUGS*

Andrea said...

Your Grandmother summed it all up so well...Jenna would simply say "thank you for being my mommie and than you for loving me...forever"

So happy you found the adorable ornaments. I loved it when I found some little ornaments that made me think of Christian and I smile looking at them on the tree in front of :)

Andrea
www.persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

HUGS

Christy said...

the trees are so pretty! I love the ornaments, too. Looks wonderful, Francesca!

Jen said...

how very nice! I love the tree's and the ornaments!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The trees are so beautiful. Of course she loves them. ((HUGS))

Jess said...

I love Jenna's trees and stocking. That was so sweet of your mom, and how cool that she picked out a giraffe too! I'm so glad you found your u/s pics for Jenna, I actually can't find Eliana's right now, but I know they will turn up. It's hard to remember all those details from those sad days, but it also helps us to hold onto our children's memories. Sending you love!

Once A Mother said...

such beautiful tributes to little jenna! the trees and stocking look just perfect.

Holly said...

Both of the trees are wonderful! I really like that pony ornament! That is so sweet!! Jenna's name would look lovely embroidered on her stocking. :)

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO