12.21.2009

Heaven's First Tear

Some two thousand years ago...
We have heard the story told
The precious baby, Savior, Prince of Peace,
Counsellor,
visited our world.

And as this prophecy was being fulfilled
Heaven must have missed his presence.
The glory, the comfort, the promises foretold
The Son of God, the Everlasting
Did Heaven's eyes cry the night he was born?

Amidst the miracle laid out for man
The redemption for sins
And promise of eternal life
When the blood of the Lamb was shed
at Calvary's cross
Did Heaven's first tear fall?

What did Heaven do?
How did the angels sing?
And was Heaven's song dampened by such a loss?
Time has no restraint in Heaven
but human emotions are hard to look past.

Surely Heaven knew the greater plan
And no tears must have been shed
For perfection is met up there
but absence is lonely
And loneliness is daunting.

I can't help but wonder what Heaven did
When God gave up his Son
those thirty three years
For me.







7 comments:

Heather said...

I have often considered these things. I have focused most often on the cross, thinking that if anyone knows the pain of losing a child, it is God.

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can show me a different perspective in regard to our losses. Thank you. *hugs*

Jill said...

I can't help but wonder also...
xo

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

I wonder if God shed a tear when He saw His Son die even though He knew all that it would accomplish...

Andrea said...

I have to wonder....as it brings to light the immense sacrifice.

Hugs,
Andrea

Caroline said...

I wonder too, this beautiful.
Caroline

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO