12.23.2009

3rd Anniversary

Three years ago today my dreams were about to come true as I would soon be marrying the man of my dreams, the love of my life. Our wedding was so close to Christmas as I have mentioned before, and it had everyone exasperated by the time it finally came. I think back now and wonder how it all got done in time and in order.

It was fabulous. The colors were sage green, crimson and peach-pink. Christmas trees and street lamps decorated the church along with Christmas lights. A string quartet played the music, and I only wish I could have listened to them longer. The music made the ceremony magical. I would like to share some pictures here and dedicate this post to my lovely husband.


Before heading out to the church we took advantage of our fabulous ride and went to Starbucks in a limo. Here is me and maid of honor (my little sister)...


This is my lovely roommate from college (I was still in college when I got married). She was the coolest, most awesome roomie ever. Emmie if you are reading this I LOVE YOU!!!


This is another one of my roommates I had after Emmie graduated. She is one of the sweetest most compassionate people I have ever met.



Me and my little brother... he asked me the other day "Isn't yours and Peter's anniversary coming up?"
I said "Yea, it's on Wednesday."
"Oh, that's what I thought." he said matter-of-factly. "I remember telling Mommy I wanted you to come home and stay with us but she said you'd be going to your apartment since you were married." He went on to tell me was sad. It melted my heart. Him and I are 13 years apart. Sometimes he is a brat of the highest sort, but he wasn't too bad when he told me that. ;)

We returned to my parents' house and got dressed...



Me walking out of the house heading to the limo that would take me and most of my bridesmaids to the church.




Me getting into the limo... lots and lots of taffeta but so much fun to wear!



Me and my wonderful, loving parents... they have been married 25 years this year.

 
Me and my mom minutes before the ceremony at the church.



Me, my grandmother and her sister that came over from Mexico that Christmas.



Me and two of my four flower girls. Aren't they adorable?!Twins run in my family... maybe one day :)


Here the twins are again. They did such a beautiful job.



My handsome groom walking down the aisle. This wasn't a ceremony picture but I liked it.



My dad walking me down the aisle.


 
Going to say our vows!

 



And here is the string quartet... the reception just wasn't long enough! Thanks to my dad, we enjoyed their beautiful music.






Cutting the cake...



Yea... I'm just glad he didn't shove icing in my face.



And here is my entire wedding party... six bridesmaids, two junior bridesmaids, four flower girls, six groomsmen and two ringbearers.


 
And last but not least, the getaway car. They shoved about 40 or 50 balloons into his car along with the gifts. They also had a blast writing things on it like "Money Spender" on the passenger window for me and "Blimp" for my husband's childhood nickname :)




It's crazy how much can change in three years. I'd never go back though. There are a couple of things I would have loved to know about marriage, but we learn as we go, right? It has been a wonderful learning experience and having a husband who desires to make me happy makes all the difference. It becomes easy to make him happy as a result.

As this day approached I was honestly dreading it. It was just another reminder of what coincidentally led to Jenna's death. But instead of looking at it like that I need to remember it also brought us her miraculous birth. I am again forever thankful to God for a husband who loves me dearly and for the beautiful gift of life that Jenna had for 13 days.

Also, thank you Mel for doing the pictures. My sister-in-law is such a sweetheart and took all the wedding photos. She did a beautiful job. Thanks to her I have so many pictures to treasure.

Happy 3rd Anniversary my Love.





17 comments:

Jill said...

Happy 3rd anniversary! The pictures are lovely and you made a beautiful bride. Your sister-in-law did a great job taking pictures and your little brother is adorable. I am happy you are looking at this day as bringing you to Jenna's miraculous birth. What a wonderful way to remember it. xx

Marie W said...

Happy Anniversary!

Bree said...

My husband and I sometimes talk about the vows we made that day. We sure learned "for better or for worse" this year. Your wedding day looked beautiful. May you two have many more beautiful days together.

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your wedding photos! You were a beautiful bride! It's a blessing to have a wonderful husband by your side through the best and the worst.

Catherine W said...

I hope you and your husband found some happiness and peace on your anniversary. Your wedding photographs are stunning, you certainly were a beautiful bride. xo

Once A Mother said...

wow, your pics are beautiful. what a beautiful day. sending you many blessings and congratulations on this, your third anniversary!

Jess said...

Happy Anniversary! I love all your wedding pictures, you were such a beautiful bride. I can hardly believe this, but your wedding gown looks exactly like mine! I haven't ever seen anyone else with the same dress. I'll have to send you a picture sometime, but it looks identical from what I can tell in the photos!
I hope you guys have had a very special day together!:)

Mattie said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours is the coming up on the 31st, it will be 4 years. What you said is so true, I don't think we really knew the extent of "for better or for worse".

Mattie

Andrea said...

What a beautiful bride you were! Thanks for sharing the photos and stories of those so special to you in your life.

I admire your strength in finding a way to honor your marriage while honoring Jenna :)

Happy Anniversary and may you come to know the same 25 years that your parents know.

Hugs,
Andrea

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like your wedding was perfect. What a beautiful bride you were. God Bless. ((HUGS))

Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary and what a beautiful Wedding. Pictures were all so great and you were a beautiful bride.
Caroline

Christy said...

Beautiful pictures Francesca. Thanks for sharing them. Happy 3rd anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Beautiful pictures.

Beth said...

oh sweetheart. we got married on the exact same day. i had christmas decorations all as a part of my wedding too. and now the 30th is also the day i lost my beautiful baby girl :,( like you and others have said... who knew what a black cloud was looming over us... for better or for worse indeed..

Anonymous said...

Fran, these photos are beautiful!! You were a beautiful bride. Happy Belated Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary!

Wow.... you were such a beautiful bride! Such a handsome couple! I wish you many more blessed years together!

Sarah xoxo

Christmas with Kasey said...

Happy Anniversary, we have few common dates that are quite close.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO