6.13.2010

20 Questions


I thought about you today
like I do everyday since you were born
do you know you've been on my heart?
Was that little bird today you?
When the sky is pink and purple is God letting you watercolor?
Do you feel the summer heat where you're at?
Do you know that it's been over a year since I've seen you?
Is heaven a fun place to be for you?
What is it like to be so young, and already in Heaven?
Do the angels read my blog to you?
Can you fly where you're at?
What sort of colors are in Heaven and do you have your own room?
Your own mansion?
Are you still wearing the gown we put on you? And the bow? Do you wear a bow?
Do you remember your days in the hospital? Part of me hopes you do and part of me hopes you don't.
What color are your eyes in Heaven? I dreamed they were blue... and I will always wonder.
Do you watch us as we live our life without you?
Do you know that while our lives have joy again that there's always you that's missing?
Do you know you took a piece of me with you when you died?
Do you know that it's only because it hurts so badly that I can't talk about you like I used to?
Maybe it's because I know what I'm missing now...
As you can see I'm the one with questions
You've taught me more than I could have ever taught you.
You've taught me what matters.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

*many tears*

They do teach us what matters...

Franchesca, god bless you for always being so transparent and so honest. I have such an appreciation for your words and marvel at how you honor beautiful Jenna Belle.

Much Love
andrea

Holly said...

This is beautiful. So many questions I have wondered too! And the last line is so true.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. I love the picture.

I guess all that's left is to wonder. (((Hugs)))

Hannah Rose said...

You are such a beautiful writer. Many tears for you and Jenna Belle. I'm sure she is practicing her water colors to impress her mommy when she gets to heaven. :)

Lisette said...

I often ask those same questions. Such a prett post. The picture is breath taking. ((HUGS))

sleepyliz said...

some of those questions i ask my little one some times. i know he has only been gone 3 weeks today but there are times i wonder what he is doing up there himself. maybe my little boy will find your daughter and color the sky for us both here in texas.

Maggie said...

What a beautiful post. So well said. Our babies definitely teach us what matters. :)

Lori said...

I so get that...it's only because it hurts so badly....

Lots of love for you and your sweet heart.
xoxo

R said...

I really do see what matters so much more clearly now.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO