2.18.2010

Still

Time is a friend. That's what I've been told.

But today all time has done is taken me further away from the day you were born.

And our 13 days together.

Today all around it feels like death has won.

I have to keep looking up. I have to believe that with each passing day the moment where we will meet only gets closer.

I went into Hobby Lobby today. I LOVE going into that store EXCEPT on days like today. I don't want to go to Hobby Lobby to get my dead daughter flowers anymore. I don't want to be that woman anymore. I feel weird even calling myself a woman, because inside I feel like a child. Lost and trying to figure things out, yet at the same time I have aged a hundred years. Inside.

I grabbed some flowers and was out in a flush. I am still that woman.

Jenna, I need distractions from what I am missing out on. I miss you so bad it is hard to even bring those three simple words into my mouth without choking up. So I write them.

We visited you today.

We didn't stay long. But we were there.

You're not there though. I know that, but somehow it just seems wrong not to visit you on marker days like this.

With what seems like only a few waking moments before your first birthday gets here, I am withering inside. Has it really been this long?

I miss you, baby girl. It seems I have become addicted to making my world busy to drown the grief. But at the end of the day my heart is still broken. Empty. Missing you.

At the end of the day, no matter what my days are filled with, my heart's longing only grows for Heaven and for what could have been.

Someday I will look back and be able to see some beauty in this grief, and there are tiny glimpses here and there.

Right now death has won.

And I am still that woman.

24 comments:

Kristy said...

You are a brave, strong woman and mother. Don't ever think differently. xo

Lauren said...

praying for you today ... it's such a roller coaster ... good days and bad... I had a baaad week last week and felt much like you. I feel like a lost little girl.

Lori said...

Just hugs and prayers for you right now...hugs and prayers.

Melissa said...

Hugs, I hope you have a few better days ahead.

With Out My Punkin said...

Thinking of you and missing your sweet baby with you ((hugs))

Nan & Mike said...

Thinking of sweet Jenna with you xxoo

Lisette said...

I am so sorry you are having a hard time right now. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. Praying for strength. Take care.

Unknown said...

So true - this life of emotions going up and down and repeating...

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thinking of you and Jenna. The tug-of-war that grief plays with our emotions is so unpredictable and difficult. Thinking of you.

Crystal Theresa said...

there are times when i, too, get upset that i'm so far away from the day i got to hold Calvin. it seems so unfair that time keeps pushing us on. it's hard being mommy to a baby in Heaven, but at least we know how blessed we are to have had our little ones - even if not long enough. big hugs to you, franchesca.

-crystal @ fragments.louielovescrystal.com
(ps i've been commenting using google b/c openid isn't working, that's why my name isn't linking to my blog anymore :/)

Maggie said...

Thinking of you and sending you many many hugs. XO

Mary said...

I know that struggle. They are not there, but I still feel like I need to take care of something! So, I decorate a grave stone. I am that woman too.

Courtney said...

Oh my dear friend. Thinking of you and sweet Jenna.

*hugs*

Danielle said...

All I have to offer you is a lousy virtual hug... (((HUG))), just know there is tons of love behind the hug being sent your way :)

Danielle said...

All I have to offer you is a lousy virtual hug... (((HUG))), just know there is tons of love behind the hug being sent your way :)

Anonymous said...

I have so many hugs for you right now. I am thinking of and praying for you.

Laura said...

Beautiful post! I remember feeling the same- at 9 months I had such a hard time because he's been away from me, longer than he was with me. Thinking of you!
Hugs-
Laura

Jess said...

Thinking of you, and Jenna, and sending you lots of hugs! Some days are just So hard!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I wish those bad days would stay away...THinking of you and Jenna

Once A Mother said...

you are "still" an amazing, loving mother. I know how hard the birthday was for me, and my heart breaks for you having to face them without her. Sending lots of love your way.

Stephanie said...

One breath at a time. You are honering Jenna in your way. Your grief is grief because you LOVE her so very much. It is unfair that we have to live through days like these!

Holly said...

Sometimes time can seem cruel, especially when it takes you farther away from the moments you had with your child.

Anonymous said...

:((

((((((((FRANCHESCA))))))))

Anonymous said...

:((

((((((((FRANCHESCA))))))))

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO