2.22.2010

Marvelous Monday



This is my first time joining in on Rachel's endeavor called "Marvelous Mondays". For me (and maybe most of us) this is such a contradiction because Mondays are anything but marvelous... BUT I think it is good practice to make myself take a good long look at my life from the outside in and find something that I can be thankful for...

Can you?

If you'd like to share, please hop over to Three Butterflies and a Monkey to read more about it.

Anyway... this Monday...

I am first and foremost thankful for my husband. He is helping me get our Jenna Garden in the works...

Right now our backyard is mostly sandy dirt (grass is slowly growing in) but we have a section all for Jenna's Garden.

I am BEYOND excited about it. Sorry, no pictures yet.

Right now I have moss rocks bordering what will be the flowerbeds, shaped like a huge pair of angel wings. In the middle is a white arch with a seating area and a slightly obnoxious wind chime.

I am READY for spring to be here, and to get out there and start on Jenna's Garden...

This Saturday we fill in the flowerbeds with top soil... the next step will be compost...

and who knows what else? Do I get to buy flowers finally??? I am NEW to the whole gardening scene, but desperately want it to work out.

Anyway, that is why I will be thankful tomorrow! I will think about how this weekend we will (hopefully) be getting her garden that much closer to being done :) :) :)

14 comments:

Rachel said...

I completely understand. Now that I posted my Marvelous Monday I will probably go cry myself to sleep. My babies 3rd birthday is fastly approaching and I am in a major funk. But I think as long as we try that is all that can be expected.(SIGH). I guess when I cry tonight I can be thankful I will be snuggling with my fabulous pups.

Anyhow, I will be sending out your coasters on tuesday. When I do I will be adding in some Milkweed seeds for your Jenna's beautiful garden :)

Mary said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your garden. I have been watching Adelle's tree and praying for buds soon. My church Sunday school class got it for us and planted it, and it is a pink flowering magnolia tree. I can't wait to see it covered in pink blooms! Post pictures when you plant your flowers...

Lauren said...

a Jenna garden is a brilliant idea!! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product! :)

Jill said...

I cannot wait to see pictures of Jenna's garden. It will be beautiful and special, I am sure. I too am looking forward to spring. We have all the plants and flowers in the ground for Emma and Chase's garden. I now just need spring to arrive! I am so anxious and excited to see it in bloom.

Make sure you take before and after pictures!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I can't wait to see lots of pictures of Jenna's garden, and hope it's a wonderful place for you to be close to her!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

I can not wait also to see pictures of Jenna's Garden! What a beautiful way to remember your little girl.

Maggie said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Jenna's Garden too! What a great way to remember her. I also cannot wait for spring! I'm looking forward to planting a tree or something for Alexandra. Thinking of you!

Once A Mother said...

how exciting, i can't wait to see pictures of her garden, i am sure it will be beautiful.

Mrs. A said...

I was really hoping it was going to stay warm, but it didn't! I'm sure her garden will be beautiful!

You won the giveaway on my blog! Email me at ak_hall(at)att(dot)net, when you have some time so I can get your angel to you!

Jess said...

That is a great reason to be thankful! I want to plant a small garden for Eliana this year, but in Iowa we are still not close to being ready to do it yet! We also want to plant a cherry blossom tree for her, but with our house on the market, wish we could sell and plant it at our next house! I'll still probably do something little at this house, assuming no one has an offer in when spring gets here. I can't wait to see Jenna's garden, it already sounds beautiful!!

Holly said...

Having a special garden is really nice! I can't wait til the spring and summer so that I can fix mine all up.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you, Franchesca. And our friendship. Thank you for being there for me. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am psyched to see pics of Jenna's garden. I am very excited for spring as well.I planted some tulips last fall in a section of our garden for Jonathan so very psyched for spring. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you MUST share pictures of Jenna's garden. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO