8.13.2009

Thank God for the Roses

Lately... I have been having some rough days. I literally felt like I was drowning in this sea of grief, with no relief. I have been angry about what happened and the frustration that tags along with the loss has been eating away my joy. Not to mention all the millions of other emotions that follow anger...

But today I tasted the goodness of God. I forgot just how good He really is. He was there with me today. I carried a newborn for the first time after my sweet Jenna Belle today. And I think He must have been carrying me. Some might think it too soon but it helped me. It wasn't my baby - that part hurt. I realized what I am missing out on. But just to hold a miracle from God and know that healthy babies really happen. And to smell the sweet baby smell and to rock the baby to sleep - it really really did something. It gave me hope and something to look forward to. Something to treasure and be thankful for. Someone told me God won't let you stay down. Every once in a while, He'll send you a rose. Thank God for the roses.

Thank you, Mrs. Carol for sitting with me.

"Thou, which hast shown me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth."
- Psalm 71:20

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Thank God for the roses & I'm glad you got to hold a baby. I pray for you so much. HUGS
Caroline

Anonymous said...

God is good!He is worthy to be praised.The handfulls of purpose(roses)he gives us are precious.It was a priviledge to me for you to let me be apart.To feel Gods grace in that room,to know He was doing his work as only he can was a great blessing to me.lots of love and prayers for you and to you.eph.6-11-18 Mrs.Carol

Laura said...

So happy for the peace that he sent you. It always seems to come just when you feel you need it the most. God is Good!
Hugs-
Laura

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO