9.21.2009

Glass House

This glass house might break; don't ask me how I'm doing
I might really tell you how much I'm really hurting

You say you miss the old me but she is gone and buried
I'm learning to find the peace of mind where this glass house can feel safe again

The place that used to stand so strong is now moved with the slightest wind
Ever mindful of the pain that endlessly wounds and weakens the foundation

This glass house is transparent and clear, unable to hide
the fragments left over and the emptiness inside

The warmth and security left when the veil fell down that day
I have no strength to mask the heartache that is on display

While I don't want to share my grief with all
It's impossible to contain the pain, the guilt, the loss

So I am destined to identify with this fragile state of mind
A glass house in essence, but fragile in real life

Don't expect me to take the steps you think I should be taking
I'm fragile and I could break if I rush because you make me

The heart that once knew perfection is buried, you see
And this glass house can't help but show this burden of grief I carry.

Franchesca Cox

13 comments:

Malory said...

Such emotionally raw words of truth.

Danielle said...

Franchesca, this is BEAUTIFUL! Sad. But very well written. You should get this published :)

Once A Mother said...

I don't know what happened to my comment so you may get a duplicate here.

Oh, Franchesca. So much of this post resonates with me. You are right, the old you, the old us, WAS buried with our girls. This is such a vulnerable place to be emotionally, and the glass house really speaks to that. To the fact that we don't want to show everyone what we are going through, but can't help it. As you say "It's impossible to contain the pain, the guilt, the loss" Sending you prayers for peace in your heart. ((Hugs))

Lea said...

Franchesca - this is so proufound. Thank you so much for sharing.

Kristy said...

So deep, and meaningful. Thank you for sharing...your words are so touching.
*hugs*

Lauren said...

wow - how true! Especially the part
"Don't expect me to take the steps you think I should be taking - I'm fragile and I could break if I rush because you make me"

Friends and Family were constantly pushing me to move on after we lost our first son. I couldn't, and the result was the deepest season of depression I have ever known. We cannot rush our grief -- and it is true... we'll never be the same. ever.

amy said...

i agree with everyone this is your hesrt you speak.my dear fran,take your time and let God heal your heart.this cannot be rushed.Remember our talk noone can understand your heart bi=ut you&God.Much love to you my sister and more sent to the heaven.All you women touch my heart and may God give you a peace that words cannot give.

Tina said...

Lovely...you have a beautiful way with words Franchesca. xx

Karen said...

Amazing how we all identify with being rushed through our grief. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Franchesca. I find it interesting to read your blog because we both lost our babies were born in May. (((hugs)))

Christy said...

Very true Franchesca. Your glass house is so symbolical and so many of us can relate and understand. Thanks for sharing.
xxxooo
Christy

Holly said...

The poem is very, very good. Beautifully written and true on so many levels. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Jen said...

Beautiful... thank you for sharing.. The part where you talked about not being able to hide the emptiness is so familiar to me.. if I could pick one emotion of how I feel the majority of the time I would say EMPTY.. hugs!!

R said...

So true and so beautifully spoken. Thank you.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO