10.04.2010

The Walk

It was beyond beautiful and more than I ever expected. 


I was honored to share this day with my mother, beautiful friend Amy, and a few others who were able to be there.


We hung a beautiful ornament on a tree when they called Jenna's name. 

Isn't it beautiful? It is now dangling from our living room fan chain. Not sure if it'll stay there but I like looking at it.




My poor husband wanted to come even after having a wisdom tooth pulled a few hours prior. 

He is my hero.




 





Us getting ready for the balloon release...






So we totally write on her balloons at the cemetery. It was nice to be able to do this at the ceremony too when they started handing out sharpies. And we always like to draw our favorite cat on her balloons too. His name was Bootes (named after the constellation). He was a legend. 

I'll leave it at that. 



I don't have too many pictures of her, but this little girl standing next to me on the right is also another of my heroes... heroines actually. She is five years old and fighting Leukemia. She just passed her one year mark. Anyway, she never met our Jenna but I just love how she can talk with me about her. And her mother is pretty awesome too! (Love you Amy!)






 And well.. here is baby brother. I know this isn't his blog. And truth be told I'm a terrible blogger anyway. I haven't updated his blog in ages. Not sure which direction I will be going. I have way too many blogs. I hope you don't mind if I share a little of him here too from time to time.


It was just the cherry on top to be able to meet in person (for the first time might I add) a few beautiful bloggy friends. First... Mary from The Great Elephant Symposium. It was neat because I met her through Carly Marie's IBMD project. I would have otherwise never had the chance to meet another BLM in real life. It was beautiful. Sad but beautiful all the same.


And... Ashley from Missing Mackenzie :) 


It's neat meeting bloggy friends in person because it doesn't feel like your meeting for the first time. And I guess in a way you're not? :)

I look forward to attending the Walk next year :)

22 comments:

Jessica said...

The pictures with all those balloons being released was so touching. It brought me to tears. My husband and I are going to a walk in our area on Sunday. I'm going to wear my ribbon :) I know I will cry I pray it will be cleansing and peaceful. Thanks for sharing those pictures. (love the flourish in your hair!)(((hugs))) <3

Carly Marie said...

Tears. Such a beautiful day you had! Wish I could have been there with you lovely lady xxx

Tiffany said...

what beautiful photos! and what a trooper your husband is for going despite the pain!! I can feel the love!!!

Sarita Boyette said...

What a beautiful post! I loved seeing your hubby and sweet Bubby and you. I'm glad you were able to remember Jenna in such a wonderful setting. with blog friends & family. (((HUGS)))

Caroline said...

What a beautiful day & the balloons was my favorite !! I'm glad you got to meet some bloggy friends. Beautiful post and you are one terrific lady.
Bubby is oh so precious. Wonderful pics.

Caroline

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

It was so neat meeting you!! Oh and your son is just precious <3 I hope my baby is as chunky & cute as yours :) I'm glad you enjoyed the walk. It's so amazing!!!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

So beautiful...what a lovely way to remember! Thank you for sharing this!

Love to you...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...I'm so glad you were able to do this!

Dana said...

This pictures with all the balloons in the sky made me cry. So many lost babies.....so much sadness and heartbreak in all of the people standing below the balloons.

Your son is adorable.

Jen said...

so beautiful <3

The Blue Sparrow said...

All the pics are great, all those balloons.....sad but beautiful. I love all the Bubby pics, he's a doll! (((HUGS)))

Lisette said...

Seeing all those balloons is so touching. It makes me sad but it makes me smile at the same time.
You hubby is a trooper but I know he wouln't have missed it for the world. Bless that little girl for everything she has been through in her life. I will be praying for her.

Lisette said...

Oh yes alsmost forgot, love it when you share your baby's pictures. He is so adorable!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like it was a beautiful day of rememberance for all the babies who left too early. The balloon release was awesome, brought tears to my eyes.

rebecca said...

Beautiful, touching pictures...so glad your walk was such a success. You are such an amazing & talented person!

Mary said...

It was great to meet you too! Hopefully we can catch dinner/lunch some time :) I love your pictures. Bubby is such a cutie and adorable!

<3 Mary

amy said...

Dearest friend,
Thank you so much for inviting me to this special moment for you.I felt so honored to be there to share this moment with you.I just thought the whole time of how strong you are and you dont even know it.yOu are a true inspiration to me and so many others.Watching you has helped me as I watch my daughter go through her journey with Leukemia.Thanks to you she loves to draw and paint and her art work was even entered into an art exhibit.You are a wonderful and true friend.Thank you for all that you are and for letting us be a part of your life and for letting us love bubby! he truely is the cutest baby ever!!! Oh! and all Nevaeh talks about now is sending Jenna her balloon and how God made that heart shape cloud for you from Jenna.Im glad we could share this great moment with you.
Love you sister

Christy said...

Love the pics....looks like a beautiful moment. So neat the friends you have met. And baby brother is adorable!

Anonymous said...

What s beautiful event. Meeting other blms is such a blessing and so glad you got that chance.

Rhiannon said...

Such a beautiful day. So sweet that you got to celebrate Jenna's life with so many blms.

Jen said...

Hi - I was introduced to your blog through The Grief Effect's To Write Their Names in the Sand. It caught my eye that you attended the MEND Walk to Remember because I attended the Walk this past weekend here in Dallas. It feels like a smaller world right now. Your pictures look beautiful - our weather here was perfect. This was our 4th year attending in memory of our stillborn son, James and our two miscarriages - the Walk is so meaningful to our family - it seems like your family was touched as well.

Jen

Holly said...

Beautiful release. I'm glad you got to meet up with some friends.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO