11.05.2009

The Missing Pumpkin

Today, as we have done each month, we did a balloon release for Jenna. We like to watch them go up into the sky, and float closer to her in her new Home. Well today was also my first time giving her silk flowers rather than real ones. It made me sad because fresh flowers just have a scent and certain texture... but each time I returned, I would see dead flowers on her grave, which was just sorrow on top of sorrow. I am actually growing to love the concept of silk over real ones for this reason. They will still be vibrant and beautiful in a week or so!

On top of the flowers and balloons, I was going to bring Jenna a pumpkin. I bought her a fake one from Hobby Lobby (which was really small, about the size of an apple). I was fixing to leave to work when I found my kitty Belle playing with it, so she ran off with it but I finally got it from her and placed it by my purse and laptop. I rushed to the bathroom for make-up or something and forgot all about the pumpkin. I gathered my things, shoved them into my car and realized the pumpkin was missing. That was two days ago... I still cannot find the pumpkin! So somewhere in this house there is a pumpkin that my cat hid from me.

Bad kitty...!






8 comments:

Jill said...

Silk flowers are such a great idea! I too hated to see the dead flowers so we planted some mums and flowers that will come back each year after winter. That is also so sweet you do a balloon release every month.

Hope you find your pumpkin! : )

Caroline said...

Bad kitty and must have a good hiding place. I'm glad you got silk flowers too. I don't like dead flowers either.
Thinking of you always
{{{HUGS}}}
Caroline

Karen said...

That's beautiful that you and your husband remember Jenna together each month. Naughty kitty, but cute. (((Hugs)))

Beth said...

that is a strong kitty! i didnt know cats could move pumpkins. must have been a tiny little one for you tiny perfect little princess.

Lauren said...

wow -- you have one determined kitty!! :) I think the way you remember your daughter each month is precious ...

Anonymous said...

oh cats ... I hope you find it. I have been thinking about silk flowers also. I have always done real flowers and we bring them once a week but I don't like watching them die... i wish they could live forever. I think I will give the silk ones a try ...

Anonymous said...

I am impressed by your kitty, but doesn't surprise me....my cats hide all sorts of things on me. Sending balloons to Jenna each month is a beautiful way to remember her.

Holly said...

It is nice to have that fragrance of the fresh flowers but they sure don't last long. That's why I do silk. I know when I go to visit I can see the bright colors and not brown. There are a lot of choices with silk too!

That's so funny your kitty hid the pumpkin. Must've thought it was meant for her!! I hope you can find it!

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO