11.06.2010

babyland

We went to see her yesterday and like always they were setting up for more funerals. That's just sad. Only this time there were THREE. Boy.

I was meeting hubby up there so in the mean time I drove past baby land. Jenna is not buried in baby land. Sometimes I wish she was, but the baby land at her cemetery is awful. Seriously. It's got a tall fence between the plots and a small power plant. I don't know what the crap they were thinking when they planned to put baby land in that spot.

I got out and walked around baby land. There were several new plots. All of them with tons of balloons, flowers, toys. It just broke my heart and I thought about how each of these represented a world that had fallen to pieces.

Two of the first plots I saw in baby land yesterday had my birthday on them. One of the baby girls had been born, and another had died on that day. Different years. I thought about my life in 2005 and 2006. I had no idea that as I was celebrating my 20th and 21st birthdays someone was saying goodbye to their baby. And the other was welcoming their baby who would only live for less than a year.

I thought about how I've never wanted anything more in my life. I wanted that miracle. I believed I would get it too. I miss her with my whole heart and it hurts with a different ache this time of year.

11 comments:

trennia said...

so sad...

Courtney said...

that is so sad to hear that the babyland is like that. The babyland that the boys are in is beautiful and peaceful.

it is always so sad to see the new babies out there. There were two little girls buried next to the boys when we went out there last. Breaks my heart everytime

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How sad to walk around seeing all the new ones and the older ones. Like you said "a world that had fallen to pieces." It breaks my heart. ((HUGS)) I always have you in my thoughts and prayers.

amy said...

that is very sad....(sigh) love u sister

amy said...

that is very sad....(sigh) love u sister

Caroline said...

Sad and heartbreaking

{{HUGS}}
Caroline

The Blue Sparrow said...

Thinking of you Franchesca! What a heartbreaking post. It's so sad to have the knowledge that we have now about how common this really is. I wish none of us had ever learned about this awful fact. (((HUGS)))

Mary said...

It is hard to know so many others suffer with us. How did this world exsist and I never know about it? I remember that life...

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

This is so sad. Thinking of you.

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

This is very sad... Thinking about you. It is interesting that every second we live our lives, others are living theirs also.

Mary said...

It sure doesn't sound like they gave that spot any thought. That is a sad thought. Lukas also is not in babyland. I have become attached to the plot next to his because the person has E's first name and he passed away the same day.

Jenna's Name Slideshow

Thank you so much for emailing me pictures of my Jenna's name. It means so much that you took time to remember my Jenna with me. XO